Doctoral (PhD) studies are third-level studies and doctoral (PhD) students are postgraduate students and researchers. The purpose of doctoral studies is to train scientists capable of performing independent scientific research and experimental development as well as able to solve scientific problems. Applicants for PhD studies must have a Master’s qualification degree or a higher education degree equivalent to it.
Applicants to PhD studies in the field of Communication and Information Sciences (CIS) must prepare a research project and participate in its defence and an interview.
- List of Dissertation topics for Doctoral Studies in Communication and Information Sciences
- Requirements for research projects for admission to PhD studies in Communication and Information Sciences
Contacts for more Information about Admission to PhD studies
For more Information about Admission to PhD studies in Communication and Information Sciences please contact:
- Admissions Officer of Department of Doctoral and Residency Studies, ph. +370 5 2687095, email: ;
- Chair of the Communication and Information PhD Studies Committee; Prof. Dr. Aušra Navickienė, ph. +370 5 2366116, email:
- Secretariat of CIS PhD Studies Committee, ph. +370 5 2366104, email: ;
More detailed information is available at the Office of Doctoral and Postdoctoral Studies, Vilnius University, University Str. 3, phone: +37052687093, +37052687094, +37052687095.