Academic counselling is provision of support for those who are searching for information about studies or want advice on how to solve issues arising during their studies.
Students can address their questions to the academic consultant at the Faculty of Communication, if they need advice regarding:
- Study programmes: The academic consultant will familiarize students with different fields of science and talk to them about your study programme selection options. Also, they will help students to decide regarding further choice whether to study, what to study and continue their study.
- Study process: After evaluating the situation, the academic consultant will help to get the answers about the study process and will explain what possible solutions there are to issues that may arise during their studies (eg. changing the study programme, set an individual study plan, suspending studies, request an academic leave, etc.).
- Finance: The consultant will provide students with information about financial support possibilities in case of financial hardship, including the types of scholarship available and their requirements, the possibility of making changes to studies and funding, the ability to pay the tuition fee in instalments, etc.
- Permission to resume studies (after academic leave or suspension of studies): The academic consultant will know the needs of the student and will mediate between administration and lecturers and students.
- Consultations on other topics related to studies: The academic consultant will consult how to prepare for practice period, how to manage the student's career path and how to choose other extracurricular non-university activities. Also, the consultant will introduce students to the additional services provided at Vilnius University, such as career guidance, accommodation, psychological counselling, library services, etc.
Contacts at the Faculty of Communication: