Doctoral (PhD) studies are third-level studies and doctoral (PhD) students are postgraduate students and researchers. The purpose of doctoral studies is to train scientists capable of performing independent scientific research and experimental development as well as able to solve scientific problems.
PhD enrolment procedure
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Lithuania and in the world, the admissions to PhD studies 2020 will take place in August 2020. The information will be renewed as soon as possible.
Applicants to PhD studies in the field of Communication and Information Sciences (CIS) must prepare a research project and participate in its defence and an interview.
Important! Admissions to PhD studies in the field of Communication and Information Sciences 2020 Research topics and requirements
- List of topics for dissertations in Communication and Information Sciences
- Requirements for research projects for admission to PhD studies in Communication and Information Sciences
Entrance examination (defence of the research project and the interview) will take place in August 2020 (will be renewed),
Research projects and other works certifying academic experience of the applicants to CIS PhD studies will be registered in the Department of Doctoral and Residency Studies from the by the (will be renewed), (Vilnius University, Universiteto Street 3, 352 room, ph. +370 5 268 70 95).
For more information about admission to PhD studies in Communication and Information Sciences please contact:
- Admissions Officer of Department of Doctoral and Residency Studies, ph. +370 5 2687095, email: ;
- Chair of the Communication and Information PhD Studies Committee; Prof. Dr. Aušra Navickienė, ph. +370 5 2366116, email:
- Secretariat of CIS PhD Studies Committee, ph. +370 5 2366104, email: ;
More detailed information is available at the Office of Doctoral and Postdoctoral Studies, Vilnius University, University Street 3, phone: +37052687093, +37052687094, +37052687095.