Established 23 May 2017 by Decision of the Council of the Faculty of Communication
Saulėtekis ave. 9, Ist building, 505 room
Tel. +370 5 236 6110
Researchers - Experts
- Age of Enlightenment and Romanticism in Lithuania and North Germany: memory and identity
- Evaluation and digitization of documentary heritage
- Heritage, media and memory communication
- History and documentary heritage of museums, libraries and archives
- Knowledge society theories
- Local lore studies
- Management of libraries and information resource
- Medieval-Modern Lithuanian written culture in the European context
- Science communication
Projects Supported by University Budget
Documentary Communication and Media: Theory, History, Digitization. Prof. Dr. Arvydas Pacevičius. 2017–2020.
In the year 2018 the aim of research theme was to investigate anthropological aspects of the development and function of archival and document media and library collections using diachronic and problematic approaches towards research methodologies for written media, comparative analysis of the history of libraries, archives and other memory institutions in Lithuania and Central as well as Eastern Europe. The most important topics of the research carried out by the Department in 2018 were: national conference "Genealogy and local history: sources, research, dissemination” (together with Panevėžys county Gabrielė Petkevičaitė-Bitė Public Library, 2018); research articles (L. Juchnevič, A. Pacevičius, A. Walter); Books: Collection of Articles Bibliotheca Lituana V: Ego-documents in the context of Aukštaitija book culture (Vilnius, 2018); Source publication Michał Girdwojń (1841-1924). An Autobiography (Vilnius, 2018).