Saulėtekis ave. 9, IIIrd building
Tel. +370 5 219 3028
- Assoc. prof. dr. Ilona Michailovič
- Assoc. prof. dr. Aurelija Novelskaitė
- Assoc. prof. dr. Lijana Stundžė
- Asst. prof. dr. Deimantė Šėporaitytė - Vismantė
- Implementation of gender equality in Lithuania: gender equality policies
- Women‘s rights
- Human rights
- Gender and communication
- Gender and law
- Disabled women
- Sociology of gender: gender in different social institutions; ethics of academic/research activities
Projects Supported by University Budget
Gender issues representations and disseminations in different socio-cultural contexts. Assoc. Prof. Dr. L. Stundžė. 2018-2021.
Gender studies is versatile research field which encompasses gender equality and human (women’s men’s, queer, other) rights; women, men, and queer studies; historical component of gender and social gender movements; gender dimension in different socio-cultural institutions (family, education, economics, politics, medicine, etc.) and socio-cultural contexts (national states, subcultures, professions, etc.); gender related implications on micro (individual), meso (organizational, communal), and macro (national, regional, global) levels; and many other. Thus, the field outspreads on numerous gender and related theories as well as on the feminist and other ontological, epistemological, and methodological developments. On the other hand, in terms of social policy, the field directly relates to the main ideas and societal goals of strengthening democracy, implementing overall equality, developing knowledge-based society, and other.